How Often Should You Change Your Oil?
Routine oil changes are critical to the health of your new Rolls-Royce or pre-owned car. So, how often should you change your oil? The rule of thumb used to be every 3,000 miles. However, recent developments in engine-building technology, as well as oil refinement, have pushed the oil change interval to every 7,500 and 10,000 miles. Read on to learn more about oil change frequency and to get a few oil change tips.
What Are the Oil Change Frequency Guidelines?
Keep in mind that the 7,000- to 10,000-mile guideline is general; the suggested interval may vary depending on the model you drive and how you drive it. For example, if you do any of the following with your vehicle, there’s a good chance you’ll need to bring your car in sooner for an oil change:
- Work-related and commercial use
- Towing around San Antonio
Pointers for Changing Your Car’s Oil
One of the easiest services that can be performed on your vehicle is an oil change. Whether you’re planning on changing your car’s oil yourself or scheduling a service appointment, it’s important to know the following facts about oil changes:
- Oil breaks down over time, so even if you’re not on the road every day, it’s a good idea to change your car’s oil at least twice yearly.
- Make sure you have the oil filter replaced with each oil change. Our service center uses nothing but genuine OEM parts, so you can feel confident you’re getting the best value possible with every oil service.
- Wondering whether to use synthetic vs. conventional oil? Check your owner’s manual. Synthetic oil is usually more expensive, but it’s a requirement for many vehicles nowadays.
When to Check the Oil Level
While the recommended oil change frequency is twice a year, you’ll want to check the oil level at least once a month. Without the correct amount of oil, the engine is at serious risk. So, if you notice the oil level is low, schedule a service visit to check for any leaks. When you check the oil level, be sure to also examine the oil color. If the oil is dark brown or black, it’s time for an oil change; oil darkens as it absorbs moisture and contaminants.
Schedule an Oil Change at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin!
To sum up, the answer to the question, “How often should you change your oil,” is at least twice a year. Need to schedule an oil change appointment in Austin? Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin offers competitive prices on oil changes and oil filter changes. Contact us with any questions about our services or visit us near Dallas and Houston to speak with us in person.