How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
If you’re like many San Antonio, you may be wondering, “How often should you rotate your tires?” The rule of thumb for when to rotate tires is every 5,000 miles to 7,500 miles. Of course, this is simply a general suggestion and doesn’t apply to all makes, models, and conditions. For more exact time intervals, read your owner’s manual or speak with a technician at the Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin service center. Learn more about tire rotation for different drivetrains below and how you can schedule service.
When to Rotate Tires: FWD & RWD Vehicles
Front or rear-wheel drive simply denote where the engine power is sent. The engine power of a front-wheel drive car is sent to the front wheels, whereas a rear-wheel drive car will send its power to the rear wheels. Tire rotation works differently for FWD and RWD vehicles. Keep the following tips in mind:
- Tire rotation is suggested every 5,000 miles to 7,500 miles for FWD and RWD vehicles. Again, consult your owner’s manual for more specific mileages.
- When a FWD tire rotation is performed, the rear tires’ sides need to be flipped. For example, the back right tire will be moved to the front left position. When the front tires are moved to the back, however, they’ll stay on the same side.
- When a RWD tire rotation is performed, the process above is inverted. When the front tires are moved to the back, sides are changed — but the rear tires stay on the same side when moved forward.
- Driving habits affect tire rotation frequency. Off-roading, for example, results in the need for more frequent tire rotations. The service team at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin can help you decide on an appropriate tire rotation schedule for your Rolls-Royce.
When to Rotate Tires: AWD Vehicles
As for how many miles to rotate tires on an AWD car, it’s usually less than what’s suggested for a FWD or RWD vehicle. The standard interval is 3,000 miles to 5,000 miles, but your owner’s manual may say otherwise. The tires on AWD vehicles wear differently than those on FWD and RWD vehicles. Not to mention, engine power is sent to the wheels that it need most, so if left unchecked, the tires could wear unevenly. Our team will complete a thorough inspection. If the tires on your AWD car have a tread variance exceeding 2/32 of an inch, we’ll perform a tire rotation.
What’s the Importance of Tire Rotation?
Tire rotation extends the lifespan of your tires and provides the following benefits on Dallas roads:
- Stronger and surer traction in slippery conditions
- Quieter ride and performance
- Eases unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
Make tire rotation part of your vehicle’s regular maintenance plan to be better prepared for adverse weather around Houston. Keep in mind that properly caring for your tires doesn’t mean you’ll have them forever. If you need tire replacement services, our tire center can assist!
Schedule a Tire Rotation at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin
Is your Rolls-Royce vehicle due for a tire rotation? Schedule a service visit at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin near Houston. For any information regarding tire care and auto service, browse our service tips and tricks. Our certified technicians are happy to answer your questions and solve your car troubles.
Service Specials From Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin
We are currently updating our Specials. Please check back soon.