How Often to Change Spark Plugs
One of the questions our service team is often asked is, “When do I change spark plugs?” It varies based on your car, but experts generally suggest replacing them every five years or 30,000 miles or so. Check your Rolls-Royce owner’s manual for a more specific interval, or contact our service center near San Antonio to speak with a factory-trained technician. For now, read on to learn more on how often to change spark plugs and why this often overlooked service matters.
What Do Spark Plugs Do?
To put it simply, your car can’t start without spark plugs. When you start your vehicle, the spark plugs transfer the high-voltage current from the ignition coil to ignite the combustion chamber, which powers the engine. If your car’s spark plugs are malfunctioning or dead, you’ll notice the following problems:
- Slow engine start
- No engine start
- Engine misfiring
- Rough-running engine
- Rough idling
- Slow acceleration
- Higher-than-normal fuel usage
Why Change Your Spark Plugs?
Like oil changes or car battery replacement, routing spark plug changes help your Rolls-Royce perform at its best on Dallas roads. When you keep up with regular replacements, you’ll not only avoid the issues above, but you’ll reap the following benefits as well:
- Best Possible Fuel Economy: Worn spark plugs can cut your car’s fuel-efficiency down by as much as 30%. The only way to gain that lost fuel economy back is by completing a spark plug replacement.
- Reliable Combustion System: If the spark plugs are in good shape, chances are the combustion system is as well. Spark plugs allow for the continuous production of combustion and help keep some of your car’s other important systems in working order.
- Smooth Engine Start-Ups: You can feel the difference new vs. old spark plugs make when you start your vehicle. New spark plugs allow the engine to start almost effortlessly.
- Fewer Harmful Emissions: Changing your spark plugs can benefit the environment by cutting down on the amount of harmful emissions released into the air.
Schedule a Rolls-Royce Spark Plug Change in Austin
Is your car’s engine misfiring when you try to start the engine? If so, bad spark plugs may be to blame. Schedule a service appointment at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin, conveniently located near Houston. Our service experts will get to the root of the issue and resolve it quickly, getting you back on the road in no time. If you have other service-related questions, be sure to browse our service tips and tricks hub for more information about Rolls-Royce auto care.