How to Make Your Tires Last Longer
Tires don’t last for eternity, especially if you drive through San Antonio often. The service department at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin wants to help you get the most out of your tires, which is why we’ve created an easy-to-follow method of how to make your tires last longer. If you want long-life tires, then you need to be sure to take the right steps to maintain your tire’s lifespan. Learn how you can increase the life of your tires with Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin
What Causes Tire to Wear?
You can usually determine the specific issues with your vehicle by the patterns left on your tire:
- Inner & Outer Tread Wear: Also known as “toe wear” or “camber wear,” excess wear on the inner or outer part of the tire often points to tire misalignment.
- Center Wear: If this occurs, your tires could be overinflated. Check your owner’s manual for the proper PSI.
- Edge Wear: This more than likely means your tires are underinflated.
- Cupping Wear: Cupping wear is a diagonal scalloping of the tire. This should be paid attention to ASAP as there could be something wrong with the suspension system.
- Patchy Wear: If you see tread wear patches on your tire, your tires are likely out of balance.
If you find yourself stuck on the Dallas roads, call our roadside assistance to get you driving in no time.
Tips for Getting Long-Lasting Tires
To help you get long-life tires on the Houston roads, it’s in your best interest to follow these tips:
- Check Your Tire Pressure Monthly – Use your Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TMPS) to keep your tire at the correct air levels since they can lose up to a pound per square inch of air pressure in one month. They can lose even more pressure in the winter and gain pressure in the summer, so keep an extra eye out in the cold and hot seasons.
- Rotate Your Tires Every 5,000 Miles – Especially if you have an AWD model, tires don’t wear evenly. Rotating your tires ensures that pressure is evenly dispersed throughout all of your tires.
- Get Your Tires Balanced – After rotating your tires, you’ll want to get them balanced. Uneven wear can occur when more weight is distributed to one wheel more than another.
- Check the Vehicle Alignment Twice Yearly – Wheel misalignment can cause your tires to wear out much faster. You can usually tell if your wheels are misaligned by a shaking of the steering wheel. Be sure to watch for other signs of misalignment.
Check Your Tires at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin
Now that you know how to make your tires last longer, it’s time to take the precautionary steps and take your tires in to get checked at our service center in Austin. The key to long-life tires is regular maintenance, even if there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable issues. Contact us to help you schedule a service and keep your tires feeling like new.