What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
At Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin, you’ll find a breathtaking selection of new Rolls-Royce vehicles, as well as an extensive selection of pre-owned models. So, whether you’re shopping for a vehicle that could be considered the pinnacle of luxury, or a cost-effective used car or SUV for sale near San Antonio, we’ll help you find it! If you’re learning toward buying used, you might be wondering, “What is good mileage on a used car?” It comes down to factors like condition, location, and service history.
Shopping for a Used Car the Smart Way
Some shoppers and experts alike would suggest avoiding used cars with over 100,000 miles, but this isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule. In addition to mileage, there are other factors you should consider before buying:
- Usage: How a car was driven affects its condition and reliability. If a car is driven 50,000 miles in stop-and-go-traffic city traffic, it’ll wear down more quickly than a car driven 50,000 miles on highways.
- Location: Cars driven in warmer climates are subjected to less mechanical stress than cars driven in cold and wet climates.
- Condition: Before you buy, be sure to get a mechanic to inspect the vehicle’s body, mechanical systems, and under the hood. Make sure to account for this in your budget.
- Maintenance: Maintenance history paints a picture of how a car was treated. Irregular service history is an indicator that you’ll likely run into problems with the vehicle, while a consistent service history is more reassuring, even if the car has high mileage.
Age vs. Mileage: Which Matters More?
It depends. Newer cars with high mileage may be better choices to consider than older cars with low mileage. While considering your options, keep the following points in mind:
- If a car hasn’t been driven often, chances are it’ll incur higher repair costs. When a car is left in a garage for a long period of time, mechanical issues, such as weakened rubber seals and gaskets, can develop.
- Again, if you’re presented with a choice between a vehicle with a scant service history vs. one with a detailed service history, choose the latter.
- Be prepared to pay more for a vehicle with low mileage.
Shop Used Cars for Sale at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin!
As you can see, there’s more to consider than good mileage for used cars; age, condition, history, and your preferences play a large role. Ready to start shopping for a pre-owned car for sale near Houston and Dallas? Contact us at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin to schedule a few test drives. You can even start the process from your home or office by applying for financing online in just a few clicks.
Our Rolls-Royce Black Badge InventoryContact Us The Rolls-Royce Black Badge lineup upgrades your favorite Rolls-Royce motor cars with even more potent powertrains, unique all-black styling features, and luxurious amenities that will ignite your senses. As a result, Rolls-Royce Black Badge prices reflect significant premiums. You might pay anywhere between $60,000 and $100,000 on top of…
Find Your New CullinanContact Us The 2020 Rolls-Royce Cullinan price list starts at $325,000 MSRP, a slight increase over last year’s model. Once you’ve had the chance to get behind the wheel, we’re sure you’ll agree that the first-ever Rolls-Royce SUV stands in a league of its own. What Can You Expect from this Rolls-Royce…
Find Your Dawn Contact Us True adventurers throw caution to the wind and know when to let spontaneity take the lead. The 2020 Rolls-Royce Dawn interior has been designed to heighten your senses, focus your passions, and foster unforgettable experiences on the roads near San Antonio and Dallas. When you and your companions spread out in…