What is Good Mileage on a Used Car?
At Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin, you’ll find a breathtaking selection of new Rolls-Royce vehicles, as well as an extensive selection of pre-owned models. So, whether you’re shopping for a vehicle that could be considered the pinnacle of luxury, or a cost-effective used car or SUV for sale near San Antonio, we’ll help you find it! If you’re learning toward buying used, you might be wondering, “What is good mileage on a used car?” It comes down to factors like condition, location, and service history.
Shopping for a Used Car the Smart Way
Some shoppers and experts alike would suggest avoiding used cars with over 100,000 miles, but this isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule. In addition to mileage, there are other factors you should consider before buying:
- Usage: How a car was driven affects its condition and reliability. If a car is driven 50,000 miles in stop-and-go-traffic city traffic, it’ll wear down more quickly than a car driven 50,000 miles on highways.
- Location: Cars driven in warmer climates are subjected to less mechanical stress than cars driven in cold and wet climates.
- Condition: Before you buy, be sure to get a mechanic to inspect the vehicle’s body, mechanical systems, and under the hood. Make sure to account for this in your budget.
- Maintenance: Maintenance history paints a picture of how a car was treated. Irregular service history is an indicator that you’ll likely run into problems with the vehicle, while a consistent service history is more reassuring, even if the car has high mileage.
Age vs. Mileage: Which Matters More?
It depends. Newer cars with high mileage may be better choices to consider than older cars with low mileage. While considering your options, keep the following points in mind:
- If a car hasn’t been driven often, chances are it’ll incur higher repair costs. When a car is left in a garage for a long period of time, mechanical issues, such as weakened rubber seals and gaskets, can develop.
- Again, if you’re presented with a choice between a vehicle with a scant service history vs. one with a detailed service history, choose the latter.
- Be prepared to pay more for a vehicle with low mileage.
Shop Used Cars for Sale at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin!
As you can see, there’s more to consider than good mileage for used cars; age, condition, history, and your preferences play a large role. Ready to start shopping for a pre-owned car for sale near Houston and Dallas? Contact us at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Austin to schedule a few test drives. You can even start the process from your home or office by applying for financing online in just a few clicks.
Standing in as one of the most iconic models across the luxury Rolls-Royce lineup, the Rolls-Royce Ghost is the hallmark of excellence and style. Originally introduced in 2009, the first series Ghost was designed to compete with other luxury models that came in at a lower price point than the Rolls-Royce Phantom. The more affordable…
The iconic eighth-generation Phantom receives a bold new expression for 2023 with the all-new Rolls-Royce Phantom Series 2. Explore this deluxe model featuring all-new additions and exclusive amenities. Carrying the same tradition and reputation for luxury and excellence, the Phantom Series 2 emboldens riders like never before. The Phantom Series 2 boasts an updated exterior…
Rolls-Royce Black Badge models are designed for those who blaze a trail everywhere they go. Exploring the 2021 Rolls-Royce Black Badge lineup shows that you have a penchant for luxury, adventure, and blistering performance. Beyond that, joining the ranks as a Rolls-Royce Black Badge driver will undoubtedly allow you to craft a model that is…